- 2 Bedrooms , 3 Bathrooms
- 2084 Square Feet (approx.)
- Listing #817002019
This amazing Villa Canada home is sited on the beautiful La Canada Country Club golf course offering some of the best views of the fairway & mountains. Overlooking the 11th tee, this updated townhome features 2 bedrooms & a convertible den/3rd bedroom, including a master suite & 2.5 baths. The beautifully update open-concept kitchen opens to a courtyard patio & a spacious grassy common area garden. The open dining area & living room feature high ceilings, newer hardwood & limestone floors. This home is elegantly appointed & perfect for entertaining.
· Villa Canada: This unique community is comprised of 52 townhomes, built in 1974, and located in a quiet, serene setting adjacent to the La Canada Country Club and Golf Course
· Low Monthly HOA Dues: $380 per month, includes common area water, common area landscaping, building insurance, earthquake insurance
· Professionally managed HOA by Lordon Management
· Private 2-car attached garage plus room to park 2 cars on the driveway
· Guest parking lot is located near the townhome
· La Canada Unified School District was recently ranked #3 district in the State of California
Unique Features of 5341:
· End unit location shared only one common wall with one neighbor.
· Located on the “rim” of the community gives the townhome the feel of private single-family dwelling.
· Access to the outdoors: The sliding glass door in the dining area was added by the current owner; this is the 5th sliding door to the outdoors. The garden access and views are a particularly unique to this home (these townhomes generally do not come with an adjacent garden view or garden access).
· Views that extend from the mountains, to the golf course, elevated down valley and city lights view, as well as views to Downtown Los Angeles.
· Newer water heater that is located outside (typically the water heater is located inside these townhomes).
· The furnace is strapped in the attic, thus allowing for additional storage space in the upstairs closet at the top floor landing (the townhomes were built with the furnace consuming the space of that closet).
· Window added in the master bathroom (where normally there is no window in this bath) which provides a lovely garden and tree view, as well as natural light and ventilation.
· Bay window added in the kitchen also providing garden views.
The current owner, working in concert with the owner’s kitchen designer and well-regarded located contractor, Behr Construction, completed a down-to-the-studs major remodel in 2008. The kitchen has been extremely well maintained thus keeping its brand-new look and modern feel. This included removing the wall between the kitchen and the dining area, thus creating the open-concept kitchen. This light-filled space is enhanced by the views of the outdoors. You can see the down-valley lights across the first floor living space from the kitchen. There are 5 sliding glass doors to the outside from the main living space, that lead to the central patio, the garden, the rear patio/yard and to the spa.
· Ceasarstone quartz counters
· Large center island with breakfast bar and room for 3-4 bar stools
· Walnut riff wood custom cabinets with horizontal grain affording generous storage throughout
· Self-closing drawers
· Garage-style doors with hydraulic arms for easy access to storage; sliding storage drawers
· Television in cabinet is included
· Thermador brand appliances: 6-burner gas cooktop, built-in microwave oven, built-in convection and conventional oven, quiet Gaggenau dishwasher, stainless steel farmhouse sink, custom spice rack cabinets.
· Pocket door from the kitchen to the laundry room with frosted glass provides privacy when entertaining in the beautiful kitchen space
The current owner installed upgraded flooring upstairs and downstairs.
· Limestone floors in the kitchen, dining rooms and hallway downstairs
· Pre-engineered hardwood floors (walnut floors downstairs and birch hand-scraped floor upstairs)
· Wrought iron handrails installed upstairs and downstairs (these townhomes generally come with a solid partial wall rather than an elegant wrought iron handrail that also allows light through
· The current owner upgraded to dual pane windows which are energy efficient and maintain a more peaceful, quiet setting (there is one slider door downstairs by the stairwell that was not updated).
· HVAC was recently updated and is a dual zone system, which is another energy efficient feature of this home.
· Stackable washer and dryer are located adjacent to the kitchen (rather than in the garage, thus making it more convenient to the living space).
· 2-car attached private garage with storage space, cabinets for storage and side workshop area
· L-shaped storage under the staircase
· Storage closet off the central patio
· Bedroom #1 has a large walk-in closet with closet system
· Bedroom #2 has 2 closets plus a hallway linen closet; the main closet as a closet system and built-in desk / drawers / bookcase
· Downstairs convertible bedroom #3 / den has a niche that can be enclosed for a closet space
· Custom built-in storage with in-cabinet lighting and frosted glass windows that match the kitchen cabinets, which are walnut riff wood custom cabinets.